tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tires?

ive never bought motorcycle tires before? what kind of tires shud i get? rim and current back tire , which is the one i want to erplace , are tubeless

What do you want from your tires? Durability? Wet performance? High speed? 89 1/2 degree lean angles?

There really is no perfect tire. Every rider has different performance needs, and different tires meet them...but no one tire neccessarily meets all of them. You may have to pick the best of the characteristics from several tires..

Your life depends totally, utterly, literally, and absolutely on your tires, so before you waste time waiting for responses, describe how and what you drive, what you want, and what you need.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

89 and 1/2 degree angles would be nice cuz i had my first spill the other day because i took the turn to steap. high speed grip would be nice cuz im not gonna be sticking to udner 60 for long. how do i know what kind of tires to bus? the only numbers i see are 18 and 2.15

Comment

What year and model is your bike?
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I doubt the problem is the tires. A skilled rider can take a bike through the twisties at speed you would not believe with and do it with very worn tires. You said it yourself, you took a spill because you did not set up for the turn correctly. Riding is kind of like playing golf. Anyone can learn to play golf. Playing it well is quite another matter. :-) Takes time, lots of time.

Earl

Originally posted by ice109
          89 and 1/2 degree angles would be nice cuz i had my first spill the other day because i took the turn to steap. high speed grip would be nice cuz im not gonna be sticking to udner 60 for long. how do i know what kind of tires to bus? the only numbers i see are 18 and 2.15
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Ice,
            Tell us what kind of bike you have, year and model. What's most important, price? handling? mileage? wet road grip? dry road grip? Once you us that info you're sure to get about five different suggestions on what to buy. Heck, some of those suggestions might even agree.
            Axel

Comment

Working...
            X