1981 GS850GX The Fuel Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS850GX The Fuel Tap

I just bought this bike. It starts up a little rough but it goes...only to 65mph then it fades and looses power. I assume it's fuel starved and I removed the fuel tap to clean the filter.
    My first question is whether this fuel tap is supposed to have 1 or 2 hoses hooked to it??? The main fuel line was attached but there is another nipple that has no hose attached. Is that the nipple for the vacuume hose? I've looked all through my repair manual and it says nothing of where this vacuume hose is supposed to be ran from or if it is even supposed to be.....I'm confused. Any input would be very much appreciated.
    The bike was just purchased and had been detailed and stored for a while. It has 18000 on it and doesn't appear to have been modified. The engine refuses to hold an idle, a bit starved for fuel, I think, as a discussed earlier. Thanks for any input. -Levi K

There should be a matching nipple on the #2 carb. I think the front outer side

Comment

The vacuum tap that you need to connect the small vacuum line to is on the #2 carb, on the forward top, beside the fuel mixture screw.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

RE: Replies

Thank you !! that is what I was hoping to hear. The hose that was coming from Carb 2 wasn't a vacume hose, so I'll just replace it and hook it up. I think that will solve my fuel starvation problem. - Good riding to all of you. I appreciate the assistance-levi

Comment

Re: RE: Replies

Happy trails. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Lkirby
          Thank you !! that is what I was hoping to hear. The hose that was coming from Carb 2 wasn't a vacume hose, so I'll just replace it and hook it up. I think that will solve my fuel starvation problem. - Good riding to all of you. I appreciate the assistance-levi
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X