GS1000 Livery (1978)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Livery (1978)

I'm looking at buying what is described as a '78 GS1000. Looking at the standard bikes in the gallery, this one's livery doesn't seem to match. This bike is all black, but has a white stipe along the top centre of the tank and the tail peice. Does this denaote a specific model or is it merely one of many paint schemes that were used?

Thanks

Darryl

Re: GS1000 Livery (1978)

I dont believe that would be a factory paint scheme. I cant recollect any of the GS line coming with that combination. Could be wrong though, as I have recently been reminded that a mind is a terrible thing to lose. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by dryyzz
    I'm looking at buying what is described as a '78 GS1000. Looking at the standard bikes in the gallery, this one's livery doesn't seem to match. This bike is all black, but has a white stipe along the top centre of the tank and the tail peice. Does this denaote a specific model or is it merely one of many paint schemes that were used?

Thanks

Darryl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Could be aEuro model. Some of them had different paint schemes.
      Doug,CragAntler posted a paint chart showing models and years of paint.

Somewhere on this web site..........
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Yeah, I should have mentioned that it was a British bike. Actually there seems to be two white stripes across the top centre of the tank and tail piece, about 2 or 3 inches apart. Also a big GS log sits on top of the tank, so it looks like a pukka suzuki thing.

I'll have to have a look for the colour scheme post.

Thanks.

Darryl

Comment

I think its a custom paint job, sounds nice though.

Comment

black with two white stripes running down the center??
            sounds like a skunk!

Comment

It is indeed the skunk!

In 78 they made your bike with that paint and it was quickly dubbed the skunk because of the black with a white stripe.

There are a few in the gallery under 78.

Here is the first one that comes up. It's a nice one too

Comment

Working...
              X