STATOR REMOVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATOR REMOVE

Im trying to pull my stator rotor i dont have a puller is there a another way to do this with out a puller

If you are trying to remove the rotor from the end of the crankshaft you NEED TO USE THE CORRECT TOOL other wise you take the chance to damaging the rotor. The outer shell is real tough, the inner magnetic material is very fragile

Comment

Ditto

Comment

pulling rotors trouble free

pulling rotors trouble free...

USE THE CORRECT PULLER
        Screw puller into the end of the rotor
        Tighten with a few hammer blows on an impact driver
        Remove impact driver
        Hit end of puller a firm tap with the same hammer
        Wonder why people have problems removing rotors

Mines a captain and coke

Comment

And what does this little tool look like or is called? I will be pulling my stator as soon as Dennis Kirk sends it in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by alan
            And what does this little tool look like or is called? I will be pulling my stator as soon as Dennis Kirk sends it in a couple weeks.
            The stator comes off with the cover so you don't need a puller, but removing the cover can be difficult overriding the magnets. Also, if the cover has never been off the guide bushings can also be a source of hangup. Good luck. One other thing... removing the stator from the cover is made much easier if you have an impact driver to remove the 3 #3 phillips head bolts that have been loctited.

Comment

Working...
            X