STATOR REMOVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATOR REMOVE

Im trying to pull my stator rotor i dont have a puller is there a another way to do this with out a puller

Re: STATOR REMOVE

I would not try to do it without the puller. You can order a puller at any bike shop from their K & L catalog. Mine cost $24. Its too easy to cause more damage repair costs than the bike is worth. Not worth the risk for $24.

Earl

Originally posted by john
    Im trying to pull my stator rotor i dont have a puller is there a another way to do this with out a puller
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Is the puller the same for a lot of models? like 750,1000,1100,1150?

Comment

No, not the same for all. I believe.....here goes my memory again. :-)....
        that 1979 and earlier 750 8 valve, 8 valve 850 and 8 valve 1000 use the same rotor puller. 16 valve, 1980 and later for those models use a different puller. Except for 850's which I believe retained the 8 valve configuration.
        1100 and 1150 use the same puller except for (if I remember again :-) )
        1980 1100's which had a small crank end that year. Otherwise, 1100/1150 used the same puller. I dont know it it is the same as either of the other two though.

Earl

Originally posted by robinjo
        Is the puller the same for a lot of models? like 750,1000,1100,1150?

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

What year and model is your bike? I will send you my puller as long as you send it back to me.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            What year and model is your bike? I will send you my puller as long as you send it back to me.

Hap
            In another topic he is searching for a GS1000E header so I think that's his ride no year though.

Earl thanks for the puller info!

Comment

I had to buy a new rotor last time i tried to remove it without the tool

Comment

You're more than welcome. Check it before spending any money. Sometimes, I think I'm losing my mind, and other times I dont remember losing anything. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by robinjo
                Earl thanks for the puller info!

Comment

Working...
                X