Fuel drain from the airbox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel drain from the airbox...

How much fuel should be coming out of the airbox drain? While running, there is a slow trip (about every 2 secs), and when I shut it down, a stream for a short while.

Is this a sign of further carb problems?

'85 GS550L

Rob

No amount of fuel leaking is normal, the drain is there in case of a fault. The only place fuel can come from is the carb throat. Does the bike run ok? My guess is that one or more of the cyls isn't fireing or has no compression in addition to a stuck float needle valve. If that was the case though , the bike would run poorly. Maybe a slide is stuck and it runs off the pilot circuit, so it idles fine, and you might not notice the fuel starvation at higher throttle?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

second jethro....

if you have ANY fuel coming out, theres a problem that really needs to be checked out.

fuel may be gettin ginto your crankcase as it is now.

Comment

Dripping fuel is also a fire hazard, don't ride it until you have corrected this problem. Make sure the fuel valve is not on PRI when you park it or you'll fill the crankcase with gasoline.
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
        X