funny sounding exhaust at certain rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny sounding exhaust at certain rpms

I just installed a 2 into 1 Mac exhaust system today on my '80 450S. It sounds great when at idle but when you hit 4-5 or 6000 rpms it has a clanking sound to it. Never noticed this sound before with the stock megaphones. I check and adjusted the valve shim clearance about 100 miles ago. I am going to digitally record the sound tomorrow and post it. Would do it tonight but don't want to *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ off my neighbors. Is this type of sound normal with Mac systems? The baffels that come stock in the Mac system are still installed. The bike runs great with the 2 into 1.

exhaust

, poor fit of baffle to the baffle inmost support ring check the bolts also, they may be loose, you can pull the bafflle and check for a polished spot where it has been rubbing and rattling around at, comes down to it call mac

Comment

How do I pull the baffel? I took out the screw that holds it in and tried pulling it out but it would not budge. I tired pulling with two sets of pliers with rubber tape to them to prevent damage. I fear if I pull to hard something is going to snap and that would not be good being has how the system cost me 200 bucks. Do you have to take the megaphone off and push fronm the back and pull from the front?

Comment

you you have to take the megaphone off and push from the inside out, i find a old baseball bat slide into the megaphone works well to pop the baffel out

-ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
        X