Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a damaged 1 owner 1981 GS1100EX worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a damaged 1 owner 1981 GS1100EX worth?

I was approached by the owner of a blue GS1100EX back in June of last year and I gave him my email address as he was considering selling it. Well, I just got an email from him today! I guess I should have gotten his contact info too.

Anyway, from what I can recall it is a 1 owner bike with about 70K km on it. The bike was blue in colour but it was laid down on it's timing side. The damaged parts have been replaced by factory primed parts and a new ignition. Everything is included in the bike plus a spare set of battery covers but it needs to be finished if I recall correctly. I think it had new tires, chain, and sprockets when he crashed it 4 years ago and it's been in his basement ever since. ps Alcohol, bikes, and showing off do not mix.

Can anybody think of a value sight unseen? I'm gonna say 500 bucks Canadian. I paid 1200 plus tax for my current blue GS1100EX several years ago and it was ready to be plated when I got it. It would cost me about 200 bucks to pick up the second one as it is 5 hours away.

Thanks, Steve

With that kind of mileage and past medical history, I'd say $5-600, more if the body is in good shape (but again, how could it be with that mileage...). The previous damage isn't really a problem if it was put back together right. I paid about $500 for the body kit, tank and all, for my bike.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Not sure about the bike. But how have you been Steve?
      It's been a while

Comment

Been doing good Mark! I was just on the phone with my insurance co and it's going down about 450 bucks for the upcoming renewal.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

I got ahold of my riding buddies in Ottawa and they have agreed to check the bike out for me. I hope to have pictures next week and if it looks good I'll agree to pick the bike up in May when I'm in the area. The owner thinks it is a parts bike so it must need paint at the least.

Steve

Comment

If the body is bad and it's been crashed, you should be able to pick it up for a song. Sounds like this guy just needs beer money anyway.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

frame????--forks?????? etc?????((BENT))

Comment

Good to have you back Steve.

I hope this bike works out for you should you decide to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                X