Air filter source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air filter source

Anyone have a source for stock air filter elements for an 83 1100E and an 85 1150E? I had three sources and since I last needed one, they have been discontinued at all three.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

BikeBandit doesn't have 'em Earl?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Aw Geez , I will take a lookie. Dennis Kirk, CRC2 and Jones discontinued.
      Didnt think of BB. I feel so sooo soooo...............inept. :-) :-)

Earl

Edit.................BB still lists both of them. thanks :-)

Originally posted by Jethro
      BikeBandit doesn't have 'em Earl?

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The Shock! The disbelief! 8O Earl had to post a question?!?!? I hereby formally rescind my former motion for an "Ask Earl" section.

Brad tt

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
          The Shock! The disbelief! 8O Earl had to post a question?!?!? I hereby formally rescind my former motion for an "Ask Earl" section.

Brad tt
          Nah, he's just testing us. :P :P :P

Comment

The Shock! The disbelief! Earl had to post a question?!?!? I hereby formally rescind my former motion for an "Ask Earl" section.
            And to think I was the one to answer it! I ANSWERED AN EARL QUESTION! Do I get some kind of award?
            Currently bikeless
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

BikeBandit shows em as available- they haven't let me down yet!

Currently bikeless

Comment

Why certainly you do. I'll send you my list of places that dont have the filters. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Jethro
                Do I get some kind of award?

Comment

I dont post many questions because nothing on my 1150 ever breaks. :-)
                  The Bear is absolutely, stone cold, reliable. heh heh

Earl

[quote="bradleymaynar"]
                  The Shock! The disbelief! 8O Earl had to post a question?

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT
                    Originally posted by bradleymaynar

Brad tt
                    Nah, he's just testing us. :P :P :P
                    I totally knew that. You gotta watch these older guys. They impart their wisdom to us but every now and then they test us to see if were learning anything.

I love Bike Bandit. If they don't have it, they go out of their way to find it for you. They have done that for me twice. They even told me they could help me locate a new NOS tank for my bike but that it may take a while. It is listed as discontinued on their web site.

They rock. I find them pricey, but they earn it.

Comment

Earl, K&N is the way to go, better flow, and they last a long time with proper care, I have a original vintage K&N on my bike and it is still in great shape, that million mile waranty is not a marketing ploy, they are very durable.

and they still have them for our vintage bikes.
                      here is the one for the 85 1150
                      Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

and here is the one for your 1100
                      Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters & cabin filters. KNFilters.com - the official site for performance filtration products.

I have them in everything I own (well I need to get one for the mower)

Comment

I just recharged my K&N pods, they really look like brand new again! Love that cleaner and red oil.
                        Currently bikeless

Comment

Thanks Leon. I just bookmarked those URL's. Next replacement will be K & N for sure. I guess if I buy two of each, I should be good for at least 100,000 miles on each bike huh? :-)

Earl

[quote="focus frenzy"]
                          Earl, K&N is the way to go, better flow, and they last a long time with proper care, I have a original vintage K&N on my bike and it is still in great shape, that million mile waranty is not a marketing ploy, they are very durable.]

Comment

Working...
                          X