Clutch cable source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cable source?

I know somone mentioned to me before that I could get a clutch cable for my 79 GS850G and the Suzuki dealer but I dont have a dealer remotly close to me so is there on online source I can buy one from? Thanks a million

Re: Clutch cable source?

Originally posted by jasonw
    I know somone mentioned to me before that I could get a clutch cable for my 79 GS850G and the Suzuki dealer but I dont have a dealer remotly close to me so is there on online source I can buy one from? Thanks a million
    Try bikebandit.com . They typically carry OEM parts. I would suggest using OEM only because I went with an aftermarket cable and it lasted 3 months. The OEM part was only a couple $'s more. Both were less than $15.

Brad tt

Comment

I've been buying all my cables from http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/
      They're aftermarket, but I have had good luck with them. After replacing cables on the 1150 when I got it 3+ years ago with cables from CRC, I have not replaced any and they are still fine.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

The only listing on that site that I saw was for a GS850G 80-81. Sence mine is a 79 will that cable work? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I tend to think that if that cable would work, it would be listed. If its too short, it will not work at all. If too long, possibly. However, I would just phone them as tell them what you needed.

I looked at bikebandit and they do show a aftermarket cable for a 79 850G.

Earl

The only listing on that site that I saw was for a GS850G 80-81. Sence mine is a 79 will that cable work? Thanks in advance.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

that is probably a glitch with their list, the only differences that I know of between the 79 and 80-81 850 is the brakes, head, (bigger intake ports) carbs (CV for 80) and ignition, the clutch lever and actuation arm should be the same.
            hmm I just checked and the factory part numbers are differant, interesting, I wonder what the differance could be?

Comment

Hey great thanks for the link. Funny I looked on bikebandit already before I even posted and did not find a listing for them. Anyway thanks a million. My speedo cable has been broken for about a year so I went ahead and ordered that one as well. On ebay they wanted 25 bucks for the speedo cable and I just bought it for 10 bucks ha ha haaa I love it. Thanks agan

Comment

:-) :-)

Earl

Hey great thanks for the link. Funny I looked on bikebandit already before I even posted and did not find a listing for them. Anyway thanks a million. My speedo cable has been broken for about a year so I went ahead and ordered that one as well. On ebay they wanted 25 bucks for the speedo cable and I just bought it for 10 bucks ha ha haaa I love it. Thanks agan

Comment

Working...
                X