Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance and Hines

Hey all,
    The bike I am looking at has the 4 into 1 megaphone installed.
    Vance and Hines website says for the 82 1100E to remove the stock airbox lid, and install main jet: 122.5
    and to raise the pilot jet to 47.5.

I am sure they know what they are talking about but wanted to check here also. Do not want the pipes staying dis-colored and etc... :roll:

Thanks all.
    8)

Follow their instructions to the T

It's one of the nicest mods I made to my bike.

Comment

Ok Thanks Hoomie!!! Of course I will have someone else check the jets for me, as I am Carb ignorant!!! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
        Ok Thanks Hoomie!!! Of course I will have someone else check the jets for me, as I am Carb ignorant!!! :roll:
        Also my advice

Me too buddy, me too. I had it done for me.

Comment

Comment

Stage 3 jet kit with seperate filters will wake it up even more.34mm flatslides are the best upgrade I ever made to a stock 1100 engine,dyno showed 10 hp over stock CV's. just my 2 bits. Steve

Comment

Re: Vance and Hines

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
              Hey all,
              The bike I am looking at has the 4 into 1 megaphone installed.
              Vance and Hines website says for the 82 1100E to remove the stock airbox lid, and install main jet: 122.5
              and to raise the pilot jet to 47.5.

I am sure they know what they are talking about but wanted to check here also. Do not want the pipes staying dis-colored and etc... :roll:

Thanks all.
              8)
              No matter what you do it will eventually yellow,BUT, if you haven't run it yet with the new pipe, take a can of hi temp paint, and spray the interior of the pipe, remove the baffle and then spray into all the openings, spray it, let it dry, repeat, 2 or 3 times, I have done this to 2 chrome aftermarket pipes and it helps keep the yellowing down

Comment

Working...
              X