Is this a Suzuki petcock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a Suzuki petcock?

My petcock is starting to weep a bit and I want to make sure it isn't leaking into the vacuum hose. However, this is a different style from what the manual says.

It has no little pin inside to push the diaphragm. Instead, the handle sits over a rubber disc that has three or four holes in it. As the handle is turned the holes in the disc match holes in the handle and lets fuel through.

Putting the handle on PRI matches up a fuel way that bypasses the diaphragm. There is a spring pushing against the diaphragm assembly but no pin.

Is this a Suzuki part? I'm beginning to think that it might be from a different bike. However, it perfectly fits the tank opening and bolts. I thought that I might buy a rebuild kit for it, but only if it's the real thing.

Any clues anyone?

Kim

Kim
    I dont know beans about the part being correct but if it is leaking then one of your plugs would be running darker and if you took the vacume line of the petcock and it is dry as a bone(not queenie or dink) then it is not leaking

Comment

I remember taking mine apart a few years back and it looked exactly as you described it. I replaced the disk with the three round holes and voila no more problem.

Comment

Sounds like the Suzuki part to me. There should be a sort of cone shaped piece that looks like the tip of the cone was cutoff with two holes in it. At the end of that piece is where the part should be that pushes on the diaphram with the spring on the oppsoite side of the diaphram. The two holes in the cone shaped piece are actually for reserve and normal run positions.

Comment

Working...
        X