Carb part numbers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb part numbers...

I just pulled the carbs out of a 1980 GS850G and man, were they bad. The gas got so old the carb bowls were green! Float valves all stuck and full of goo.

I need the part numbers and cost for the needle valves and one main jet broke off. Where can I find these numbers? I tried Ron Ayers but they don't go back that far. How about Part's Fish?

What's the best thing to soak the brass parts in to get rid of the old goo? Berrymans? 8O

I have been in the process of attempting to restore a GS850. For parts, I went to my local Suzuki dealership and they were able to look up anything I needed and order it for me. Berrymans chemdrip worked wonders on my carbs (I had to soak the parts overnight) and was able to finally get the thing running today.

Comment

These guys have a pretty good fiche.

Comment

CrotchRocket.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Cheapest around, great online microfiche. You don't get Suzuki part numbers, though.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Your best bet would be to buy carb kits on ebay

Comment

Dennis Kirk has K&L carb repair kits for the GS. $22 each carb. Looks like the Ebay for all 4 is the way to go....

Comment

Parts Fiche

My favorite source for Suzuki Fiche (with Suzuki parts numbers)

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Rob

Comment

wow...

I guess my carbs werent bad then....

3 were pretty clean (no spots/speckles/rust) and the other one, had minor spots in the upper part around the diaphragms.

now i know for sure though, at least.

Comment

Here,s a great place for needles and seats if yours are gunged up.

Comment

Working...
                  X