Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS 1000 Carb synch question??

Hi,
    I have a 1981 GS 1000G with mikuni carbs(of course). I am trying to synchronize them, but am not sure where the vacuum port for the synch gauges is located on each carb. I know one carb has the port for the fuel tank, where are the others? Any help would be appreciated.

The sync ports are located on the bottom of the intake "boots" that the carbs hang from - they aren't actually on the carbs themselves. Hope this helps

Comment

Not sure about the 1000, but my 83 1100 has the ports in the intake portions of the head that the intake boots attach to. Each one is covered by an allen head bolt with a copper washer. (Don't lose them!). When these bolts are removed, the synchronizer adapters can be screwed in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by mcconnell
        Not sure about the 1000, but my 83 1100 has the ports in the intake portions of the head that the intake boots attach to. Each one is covered by an allen head bolt with a copper washer. (Don't lose them!). When these bolts are removed, the synchronizer adapters can be screwed in their place.
        Your'e right! I went out and looked at mine after I made the post - and they are part of the head.

Comment

Working...
        X