Trying to find some old parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find some old parts...

I'm trying to come up with replacement side covers for my 82 750ez. It looks like BikeBandit has them for about $50 each, but I was wondering if anybody knew what else might fit? I see covers for various models on eBay from time to time, but I'm not sure what other models have compatible covers.
    Also, the exhaust is in pretty rough shape... I might just paint it short term (any recommendations on paint that will actually survive the heat?), but I'd eventually like to replace the exhaust and am having trouble finding out what is available. I think V&H makes a setup, but I'm not sure what the recommendations are, or whether there are alternatives (I just want something that looks 'decent' and will last. Doesn't have to be ultra high performance, loud, show quality shine, etc).
    Last thing - my seat's in somewhat poor condition. I'd take it to a shop to get it recovered, but the pan's a bit rusted on one side. Anybody know where I can get a replacement pan, or a decent used seat that will fit?

Thanks in advance!

If you can get the covers from BikeBandit for $50 I would buy them!
    It just depends how bad you want them. Ebay is your best bet for a seat
    Or a wrecking yard You could also rebuild the rusted section with fiberglass

Comment

Thanks, I'll go ahead and order a cover from BB (I have one side, might be able to make the clip work properly. The other was missing when I got the bike). No idea of other bikes that might use the same ones? I'm willing to strip and paint them, just need something that fits properly.

Any pointers on working with fiberglass to redo the seat pan? This will be my first time.

Comment

Take the exhaust to a local powder coater. They can ceramic coat an exhaust for about $100. If the exhaust is in good shape, it's worth it.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Try this place if you haven't already ordered them, it looks like they have them at about 1/2 bb's price. http://www.crotchrocket.com/ go to dealer service/parts finder then fill in your info in the search by parts diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge
            Try this place if you haven't already ordered them, it looks like they have them at about 1/2 bb's price. http://www.crotchrocket.com/ go to dealer service/parts finder then fill in your info in the search by parts diagram.
            Wow, those prices are incredible. $100 cheaper for the seat and 1/2 price for the covers. I'll definitely be ordering from them... Thanks!

Still looking for any other suggestions on exhaust. I'll try to take a closer look tomorrow at the stock piping to see if it's worth trying to get powdercoated, but if not I'm going to have to see what my other options are.

Comment

Working...
            X