Crankshaft bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankshaft bearings

Okay here is one for you gear heads. I have a donor engine for my newest project that has a messed up crankshaft bearing. The bearings that are in my donor engine are the same except for the number on them and the donor engine ones have a small hole in them. I am guessing the hole is an oil hole. The donor engine bearings have 91 01 stamped on them I want to use them as my replacements the ones I want to replace have 20 05 stamped on them. Are these interchangeable? Both engines are 450 engines. The donor engine is off an 81 450S the other engine is an 85 off a 450A. The A is an automatic and is shaft driven. Also would the piston rods be interchangeable? One of the piston rods on my new project seems to be a bit messed up. The donor engine has 411 1 stamped on it and the other has 411 12 stamped on it.[/b]

Go here You can look up ther part #s and see ?? I would change the complete crankshat if possible The journal is probably bad if the brg is also bad
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

The crankshaft and journal are fine I took it in an had a mechanic look at it. I thought the same thing. The damage is to the piston rod.

Comment

Took in the parts I wanted to swap to the dealer and the mechanic weight and measured them and he said it wouldn't be a problem to swap them out he siad they were all identical according to weights and measurements.

Comment

Working...
        X