How to tell what coils to order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell what coils to order.

I need to buy new coils for my 80 450S I have been repairing them as much as possible but it has come time to just buy new ones. I was planning on going with Dyna coils as most people in the discussions have sais they are good one to buy. Do I need to measure the resistance of the ones I have to be able to get the right replacements? If so how do I go about doing that I have a mulitmeter? Just a little digital Harbor Freight thing it has Ohms on it I mostly use it for voltage and checking continuity. Never measured resistance before.

you just need to know whether you have a points, or electronic, ignition....5 ohm coils for points, 3 ohm for electronic...I believe you have an electronic ignition

Comment

Order 3 ohm coils. They will work perfectly on either electronic ignitions or points ignitions. You want NON CDI coils.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

CAUTION the 3 ohm dyna coils are for an I4 not a twin CHeck for coils on www.jcwmotorcycles.com for a generic coil

Comment

check JCW pn AGQ024256b twins that require 2 seperate coils

Comment

EBAY http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...537337100&rd=1

Comment

Working...
            X