Any brake pad recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any brake pad recommendations?

There is still a bit of `meat' left on the front disc pads of my 78 GS750, but they will need replacing at the end of this season.

This `English' GS750 was the first with the mag wheels and front twin discs, and the pads are round. I believe these changed to a `square' design later.

The pads currently fitted are EBC organics, that were fitted years ago before the bike was stored. I was always happy with these, so i have just been surfing the Engish sites looking for EBC replacement pads.

But i can find no listing for the GS750 by EBC anymore from my normal sources in the UK.

Anyone know of a source in the UK? Or can anyone recommend a good alternative?

The problem with US sources is the postage is often more than the parts!

Regards.

Footy.

Have you tried M and P on mandp.com ? These are the people I normally use.

Comment

Hi Nobby.

Yes i looked on M&P's site, as i have had some bit's from them before for this bike.

They do list EBC pads for some of the older Suzuki's, but not the larger GS's Same thing with MPS.

Maybe EBC just don't do these anymore?

Cheers.

Footy.

Comment

EBC part# FA-35
        where to get them= http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/

oops, available and easy to get here but not in GB, strange?
        ok here you go http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/bike/...D80%29&sec=Jap

hmm it says grey import!

Comment

Thats great, thanks FF.

The design of the pads looks right on your second link. I thought they would be the same as the same period American/Canadian bikes, so why the `grey import' tag! Curious?

I will see what happens when i contact the site.

Cheers.

Footy.

Comment

I got some pads from a shop in Fife, I think it was called Jim Allens, They were nice a cheap and he posts them to you. They are Ferodo but seem to be good. I will try and find his number for you if you want it. He runs an advert in the MCN.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobby 'C '
              I got some pads from a shop in Fife, I think it was called Jim Allens, They were nice a cheap and he posts them to you. They are Ferodo but seem to be good. I will try and find his number for you if you want it. He runs an advert in the MCN.
              Hi Nobby.

I have just ordered the pads listed on EBC's site posted by Focus Frenzy above, (part no FA 35). I have got a confirmation email from them, so there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I remember that this bike had Ferodo sintered pads when i first got it. These were not very good as they seemed to glaze up and squeel a lot at the time. But this is in the mid 80's, and they may have a better product these days. The EBC organic pads were certainly a lot better in my experience.

Thanks for the help.

Footy.

Comment

Working...
              X