Needle Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle Valve

This needle valve came out of my '85 GS550L. I need to buy a replacement for a broken one. Otherwise, I'll have to machine one from stock, buy new carbs, or ditch the bike. Not fun options.

Does anyone have a part #, supplier, etc. for one of these?

These guys are just up the road, do you think they would be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

They are usually available in the carb rebuild kits
    Motorcyclecarbs.com may have some ??? It's worth a call

Comment

Nobody sells a rebuild kit for these carbs. They are the weird dual throat carb.

I think a call is going to be my only choice.

Rob

Comment

looks the same as the screw on my carbs (850L) , except mine is steel, not brass. maybe you can cross-reference some of these?

Comment

Bike Bandit still has 'em, and your dealer should be able to get 'em.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

How do I know the one for the Kaw is the right one?

How does Bikebandit know which one I need? Do they have some database beyond the fiche available online? (It doesn't appear in the fiche, nor does it have a Suzuki part #)

Are these things standardized? A #1 or #17 or something? If so, how can I figure out which one I need?

Many thanks, I'm just rather frustrated,

Rob

Comment

Isn't it in this schematic?
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Afraid not.

The needle valve is hidden under a sealed plug between #'s 41 and 33 on that schematic. There is no indication that it exists.

There is the needle valve, a spring, a washer, and an o-ring. No hint that any of it exists, and no part numbers for any of it.

Furthermore, nobody sells a rebuild kit for these carbs.

The carbs that nobody wants to admit ever existed....

Rob

Comment

THE SUZUKI FISCH DO NOT LIST THEM SEPERATE The Kawaski does list a part # for the needle & it should be the same. I would send an email to www.sudco.co and ask for info

Comment

Happy Ending

Well, it looks like there will be a happy ending after all...

I just got back from visiting the fine people at www.motorcyclecarbs.com in person.

They didn't have the needle in stock, but usually do, and were happy to order one. They had all the o-rings I could want, and even had a kit for the throttle shaft seals. (came in sets of 8, I only need 4, anybody want them?)

Furthermore, they had a tool handy to help drill out the broken needle tip. Fixed good as new.

Extremely helpful, top-notch people. Looks like they are making some major changes to their web site. Keep an eye on them. They seem commited to going the extra mile for impossible to find parts.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X