Braided Brake Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided Brake Hose

I want to replace the front brake hose on my GFs 81 GS650GL. The hose is original and I worry about aging of the rubber. OEM replacements are no longer available so I was thinking of going with stainless steel braided line. Can anybody guide me to a source that has line with the proper banjo fittings and bolts? I can determine the length by measuring the stock hose.

Try Paragon Performance at http://www.paragonperformance.com/. Their prices are good, and if they don't list your bike they will build a custom set for half price. Check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by udco
      Try Paragon Performance at http://www.paragonperformance.com/. Their prices are good, and if they don't list your bike they will build a custom set for half price. Check them out.
      That's a great link! That is the cheapest I have seen for SS lines. I need some too. Mine are 25 years old. Still look good, but I know that's not the whole equation.

Comment

Hey udco, that is a great link. So, I can assume that the GS bikes use the 10mm banjo bolt? Then all I need to do is give them the length and the angle of the banjo fittings. Great

Comment

I just got a complete set of lines with all the fastners from them a month or so ago. Excellent service and a killer product. All Suzuki banjo bolts are 10x1.0.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I went with the Paragon Performance brake lines up front on mine, they're fantastic so far.

Don't forget to get new pads when you do the swap!

Comment

Jethro, what is the legnth of the banjo bolts, or is there only one length at this size?

Comment

The banjos and fittings on my setup are about 2". That is measured from the end of the crimp to the very end of the banjo. The ones that cmae stock on the bike were 1.5", but they have much different crimps. Call 'em up, I think I spoke to a guy named Joe, tell him about the GSR, I'd be suprised if they didn't know exactly what you need. If they don't you can get a discount for giving them all the required measurements! No thanks to Joe Nardy, I didn't get a discount...
                Currently bikeless
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Mmmmm, new Paragon brake lines...

Currently bikeless

Comment

Thanks, I'll be measurng them up and calling them

Comment

some auto parts stores build brake lines. in my area we have a lot of kids getting into the hopping trucks, just about every parts store can build high proformace brake lines.

Comment

You people must be reading my mail. I just sat down to ask this question. 78 GS 1000 needs new brake lines, and since I changed the bars, I want to go braided with a black covering if possible. Voila! I log on and the answer is waiting for me. Bike repair by Carnac the Magnificent! Thank you. Great site.
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X