Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper triple tree

Hi,
    Have a 79 GS1000 that is set up for draggin'!! Six inch extension on the back, gsx-r 750 rear tire and front end. my question is: it is an 88-89 gsx-r 750 front end. The tubes are 43mm. I would like to know what other top triple tree would swap on so I can use drag bars instead of the clip-ons?? Thanks.

Bandit 1200 has 43mm tubes with handlebars but don't know if tube spacing and offset are same. Why not drill and install bar clamps on existing top clamp?
    Axel

Comment

drillng

I thought of that. However, the top tree is aluminum, and, the underside is " hollowed" out ( not a solid piece). So, I figured it would probably be pretty week. Not what you want doin" 130 mph in the 1/4!!

Comment

Find a good aluminum welder and fill those cavities.
        Axel

Comment

I am using the same front end on my bike. I found a set of used handle bar clamps at a bike shop. From the underside of the top clamp I drilled a couple of pilot holes through one set of the tapped holes for the guage bracket. Then from the top side I drilled and tapped to accept the bar clamps. I didn't have to go all the way through so there are still threads left for the guages. They were similar to these but were for 7/8" bars, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1857297999.

Comment

Working...
          X