You guys are awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are awesome!

I managed to get the carb rack out this morning! I dropped it off over at the cycle shop for a good cleaning and to replace any damaged/worn parts. So, according to the guy over there it shouldn't be more than 200 dollars as long as the diaphrams aren't shot. And while doing that I noticed my stator cover gasket is leaking so I put that in wrong I'm guessing. :P Anyways, I have another quick question for you guys: My petcock is junk. The diaphram is shot. I went to the dealer and he said he can special order a new one for 75.00 bucks, but he seemed a little hesitant about the part number. He wrote it down for me so I could try and check up on it. The number is: 44300-47270 Fuel cock assembly. Does anyone know if this is the correct part for a 1980 GS1100L?
    Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome.

Check Ebay, you may be able to get a whole new petcock for much less then that!

Scud

Comment

Get a rebuild kit. I'm no expert here, haven't had to do it. But I understand it's a h$ll of a lot cheaper.

Comment

The drawback to the rebuild kits is some of them have an undersize "O" ring for the diaphram plunger. If that "O" ring is undersize, the petcock is going to leak worse than it did before being "fixed". Its a crap shoot. I would take my petocock apart and take the plunger assembly and petcock to the dealer to see if he could match up that one "O" ring. I would guess that 95% of the time, that is the reason a petcock leaks. If a new "O" ring doesnt solve the problem, you will only be out about $1.

Earl

Originally posted by DMPLATT
        Get a rebuild kit. I'm no expert here, haven't had to do it. But I understand it's a h$ll of a lot cheaper.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You may want to consider a pingel conversion at this piont.

Comment

I had a bad petcock on the 450S and went to a parts yard for a replacement. I got one for a 550 (I think) and after soaking it in gas (***note) and putting it on the bike I saw that the hoses ran in all the wrong directions.

Well I took the part back and they took the newly softened and functioning diaphram and put it into my original petcock. I wanna say this whole deal set me back 10-17$.

Note: Soaking any petcock that has been dry, like the one I got at a boneyard, or one that has been on bike that has sat for ages, came HIGHLY recommended. In fact he said that it was pretty well guaranteed that if I didn't soak it, I'd be back for another petcock right after I tried moving the lever on it.

Comment

Re: You guys are awesome!

Originally posted by runforyourlife82
              I went to the dealer and he said he can special order a new one for 75.00 bucks, but he seemed a little hesitant about the part number. He wrote it down for me so I could try and check up on it. The number is: 44300-47270 Fuel cock assembly. Does anyone know if this is the correct part for a 1980 GS1100L?
              Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome.
              44300-47270 is the correct number, alph sports list it for 68.77usd, factor in shipping and 75 sounds fine.

remember to get the base o-ring gasket!!!

Comment

Here's what I found using

This website is for sale! cpixel.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cpixel.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Suzuki : 44300-47270

site description price
                crotchrocket.com COCK ASSY FUEL $44.97
                ronayers.com COCK ASSY FUEL $56.69
                mrcycles.com COCK ASSY FUEL $51.77
                bikebandit.com COCK ASSY FUEL $68.65
                powersportspro.com COCK ASSY FUEL $70.99
                hondaeast.com COCK ASSY FUEL $68.65
                mineolamoto.com COCK ASSY FUEL $68.65

bike schematic category
                1980 GS1000E FUEL COCK - FUEL GAUGE
                1980 GS1000GL FUEL TANK (MODEL T)
                1980 GS1000S FUEL COCK
                1980 GS1100 LT FUEL TANK
                1980 GS1100E FUEL COCK
                1980 GS550L FUEL TANK
                1980 GS750E FUEL COCK
                1980 GS750L FUEL TANK (GS750LT)
                1980 GS850GL FUEL TANK (MODEL T)
                1981 GS1000GL FUEL TANK (MODEL T)
                1981 GS1100E FUEL COCK
                1981 GS750E FUEL COCK
                1981 GS750L FUEL TANK (GS750LT)
                1981 GS850GL FUEL TANK (MODEL T)

Comment

Heres one:

If the link does not work (have had trouble with these lately), then go to Ebay and type: 'Suzuki Petcock 1100' in the search line.

Scud

Comment

Working...
                  X