Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me Leon! (and everybody) RESOLVED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where exactly to I attach my multi-meter to the coils?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I finally got the chance to get a real ride in today after my jetting changes. What I was able to determine was that the bike has a flat spot between 6-7k rpms or so. Once it stumbles and feels fuel starved for a moment, it takes off again, with more power, pulling hard between 7-red line.

Think this could be my ignition timing? Again, how do I check the coils?

I'm gonna check the advancer tonight- I don't really know what I am looking for, but I'll figure it out.
      Currently bikeless
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        Where exactly to I attach my multi-meter to the coils?
        the orange wire with the white stripe is the power wire to the coils, check as close to coils as you can get.

Comment

Got to ride the bike hard yesterday for a good amount of time. Still can't seem to get it to not to run lean and still have a major flatspot at 6-7k rpm. After that quick 3-5 second stumble, she'll pull hard as heck again.

I've had enough of this, just made an appointment to get the thing dyno tuned. Hopefully the shop will be able to take care of it, becasue I can't.
          Currently bikeless

Comment

Resolved! Another night of carb reworking and by George, I think I've got it! Dropped the needles to the middle and got rid of the mid range flat sopt. WOT, now pulls strong to redline. I still had some off-idle hesitation, but backed down on the mixture screws to 4 turns out, and now it runs smooth from 0-100. Starting is perfect. Half choke and it fires up no problem. I go to 1/4 choke for the 1st minute, then can go to idle no problem. Still, when it warms up the idle goes up about 300 rpm to 1500, and the tinyest bit of hesitation of the line appears. I am thinking that it is a fact of life with pods. All and all, I'm freaking thrilled that I got it running this nice!

Sweet! Bring on the summer...
            Currently bikeless

Comment

WooHoo!!!!

and

Rock on! 8)

Comment

Are you still running the stock suzuki air jet or have you switched to dynajets' ? My off-idle rsponse improved with the larger air jet.

Comment

I went back to the DJ160 air jet. I was able to start without choke from cold, which I hear is bad news (although I don't really know why), so I went back to the 160 air jet. I was able to improve my off-idle throttle response with the mix screws. Next time i go out I will spend another 20 minutes adjusting them, and I think I'll be spot on. I am phyched, this has been a long process, but I finally have it running sweet!
                  Currently bikeless

Comment

WHOO- HOO Jethro!!! Glad you got it tweaked just right finally!! 8) 8)

Comment

Yeah! Runs like a Swiss watch now.
                      Currently bikeless

Comment

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. How do the plugs look now?

Comment

Well the center ceramic is staying pretty clean and white on all of them. But the fireing end is a nice mocha color. The way it's running tells me it's all right.

I am still a little concerned that the bike is running to cool, or maybe my temp gauge is faulty. I run at 160F all the time. I know it's still cool outside, but that seems awfull cool for an engine.
                          Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                          X