Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a bit of help doing my bit for charidy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a bit of help doing my bit for charidy...

Anyone know anything about honda thumpers? I have a lad passing through and so far I have kitted him out with some well worn boots, found him some chain and sprockets that have to be machined a bit to fit and he is running well rich.

He has a Honda Dominator 650 and wants me to pull his carb apart and get him better gas mileage, and no there is no jet kit. I am afraid of tearing a gasket, as there is no gasket kit either and all I can think of doing is to raise the needle a notch and hope that is the right action...

Anything sensible in the next 24 would be great. Remember he is riding around the world stoping at schools talking about teenage suicide. My kids love him to bits. Top lad, but broke and without much of a clue... CJ

I wish I could help you out CJ, but I dont know squat about Honda thumpers..
    I cant imagine riding a motorcycle around the world and not being a good mechanic either though.

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Dude, you let me down royally. I expected some great words of wisdom. Just goes to prove that even a, dare I say, Diety, cannot have all the answers. Still should be easy after four carbs to strip and balance no? All I am worried about is getting it apart and not being able to get it together again for lack of a gasket or something... Took all day today to track down some sprockets, and they need cutting and welding to fit.... Still the guy is a good ambassador for the land down under. CJ

Comment

At least you wont have worry about balancing THE carb. :-)
        I would guess the only gasket you would have to worry about would be the bowl gasket.

Earl

[quote="crayonjota"]
        All I am worried about is getting it apart and not being able to get it together again for lack of a gasket or something...
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X