5/8 offset sprocket on 1150 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/8 offset sprocket on 1150 ?

Just recently won a Kosman outboard sprocket support.It looks as if I move the rear wheel sprocket 5/8 to the left that the sprocket bolts and sprocket will hit the swingarm. I looked at my 83 1100 and it would have plenty of room, except for getting close to but not touching the shock. Will this thing really go on an 1150 ????

Not sure if you have clearance on a stock 1150. My 1100 is heavily modified and running a 5/8 offest sprocket.

If you can't use it PM me I may be interested.

Comment

I want to use it on the 1150es.I have a widened swingarm for an 1150, but I dont want to put it on this bike. If I cant ,onto the 1100/1260 it goes.

Comment

Where did you win it - on Ebay? What search string did you use?

Comment

The add on ebay said 1100/1150. I know that its the same motor on the outside. Just came inside from the garage.It looks like 5/8 is REAL close to the frame on the 1100 with plenty of room in the swingarm for the sprocket to move left. On the 1150 it looks ok for the frame and NO GO with the stock swingarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
            The add on ebay said 1100/1150. I know that its the same motor on the outside. Just came inside from the garage.It looks like 5/8 is REAL close to the frame on the 1100 with plenty of room in the swingarm for the sprocket to move left. On the 1150 it looks ok for the frame and NO GO with the stock swingarm.
            I had to notch my frame on the 1100 for clearance. I also ahd to use a 530 non-o-ring chain for more clearance. Clearance, as you can see, is the issue.

Comment

Yeap 530 will help you a lot. Swanny is right you might have to remove material from the frame. Depending on the HP of your engine might be a great time for a billet output. Seen more than a few stock ones cracked.

Comment

Working...
              X