Petcock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock question

I am looking at a petcock thats for sale from an 83 GS750. Does anyone know if its the same as the petcock on my 83 GS1100?

Re: Petcock question

Originally posted by my98xplorer
    I am looking at a petcock thats for sale from an 83 GS750. Does anyone know if its the same as the petcock on my 83 GS1100?
    Info from the following site:
    This website is for sale! cpixel.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cpixel.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Suzuki : 44300-45471

site description price
    crotchrocket.com COCK ASSY FUEL $41.34
    ronayers.com COCK ASSY FUEL $52.11
    mrcycles.com COCK ASSY FUEL $47.59
    bikebandit.com COCK ASSY FUEL $63.11
    powersportspro.com COCK ASSY FUEL $65.99
    hondaeast.com COCK ASSY FUEL $63.11
    mineolamoto.com COCK ASSY FUEL $63.11

bike schematic category
    1980 GS1100E FUEL COCK
    1980 GS750E FUEL COCK
    1981 GS1100E FUEL COCK
    1981 GS750E FUEL COCK
    1982 GS750E FUEL COCK
    1982 GS750T FUEL COCK
    1983 GS450E FUEL COCK
    1983 GS750E, ES, FUEL COCK
    1983 GS750T FUEL COCK
    1984 GS1150 ES3,ESE,EF,ESF,EF2,EG,ESG FUEL COCK
    1985 GS1150 ES3,ESE,EF,ESF,EF2,EG,ESG FUEL COCK
    1986 GS1150 ES3,ESE,EF,ESF,EF2,EG,ESG FUEL COCK

Comment

btt

anyone else??

Comment

Diff. part # for '80 GS850G??

When I go to crotchrocket.com and I do a search for the petcock for a '80 GS850G I get a $48.50 price for the petcock. I thought it would be the same petcock and price for any GS 8-valve four??

Comment

My experience has been that the valves are all the same and they mount to the tank the same but the nipples (both gas and vacuum) point in different directions per model.

Comment

For some reason crothcrocket.com doesn't list the 83 1100 for that part number, but it says the same petcock is for the 83 750 and the 81 1100. My 81 1100 and 83 1100 have the same fuel tap. If it's a matter of the vaccum line not pointing in the right direction, you can remove that part of the petcock and rotate it in any direction and re-attach.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

There are some big differences in size. The early (non CV carb models) were big because there was room behind the carbs. The later CV carb tops blocked the space, so the petcock had to be much shorter to fit in the space. One of them (the L model ?) is so short it doesn't have a handle, just a screwdriver slot.

Comment

Ok

So they are ALL diff. or do say '80-'89 GS750G's -GS1100G's have the same petcock?

Comment

just had a petcock failure , gas coming out in all three postions, flooded the carbs, who knows, so i went down to the local lawn mower shop and bought a small briggs and stratton inline fuel cut off valve for 4 $, didnt think it would work because the fuel just dribbled out of it . well the leak is gone and the fuel valve works, mind you i havent gone over 5k rmp for more than 1 minute , but it works in a pinch.
                  jay

Comment

Working...
                  X