No announcement yet.

Clutch plates, clutch basket question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Suzuki oem fibers are considered the best.

I wish I had all my notes on my old bike...I dont think it matters how many plates and fibers you end up with, as long as you get the correct stack height. Getting as close as possible should allow you to adjust the clutch to work properly.

I may have had 2 steels in a row in my bike, but I can recall for certain. Check with a good name shop.

Our clutch worked great. the only problem I had, was during a hasty rebuild, I didnt get the oil pump groove in the back of the basket over the oil pump gear. The clutched work to launch the bike. At about 100 ft it gave way, broke the hub in 2. Lesson learned there!
    EULC ON

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stay with the clutch the way it is.
      Instead of wanting to run 20/50 in the summer, I'll consider an oil cooler with the 10/40.
      That's another subject I'll have questions about.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I always ran 10/40 in my 1150...Race or street. I used a syn/blend most of the time.
        EULC ON

Comment

Working...
        X