starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting

i have a 83"gs1100gk,i have told all of you about it and i got it back together but now it won't start.i think i flooded it i'am not sure and i just rebuilt the petcock on it .but like i said it won't start now and it was running before that. any help will help

thanks
    craig

Im soory I just got back on the site after being off it for a while. I dont know anything about your bike or what you've done to it. Are the carbs filling up with gas? Have you tried starting fluid?

Comment

Re: starting

Originally posted by ronald campbell
      i have a 83"gs1100gk,i have told all of you about it and i got it back together but now it won't start.i think i flooded it i'am not sure and i just rebuilt the petcock on it .but like i said it won't start now and it was running before that. any help will help

thanks
      craig

Craig, you will have to give more information....what work did you do on the bike, and why? What is it doing now, and what is it not doing now, other than not starting?
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

starting

i'am sorry when i had the gas tank off i was feeding the gas threw the gas line without the vacum line hooked up at all.and now that i rebuilt the petcock and put the vacum line back on it turns over but will not start at all.

craig

Comment

Disconnect the fuel line and the vacuum line from the carbs. With the petcock in the run position, apply a vacuum to the vacuum line (suck on it is the easiest, but be aware there could be gas in that line. 8O ) If the petcock is working right fuel should flow from the gas line. Turn petcock to prime, fuel should flow. If the fuel does not flow on either test you will have to go back in to the petcock to check if all is as it should be. Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Working...
          X