Stupid Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Mistake

It ran perfect when I parked it in the fall. Now #3 cyl is missing. Well not actually missing, I found it located between #2 and #4, but it is not running right. Probably should have drained the carb bowls because I found some "jelly" in the bowls. Which is surprising because the carbs and tank were cleaned last year. I can't believe that happen in a few months. Crap gas! I did not start the bike all winter but it was in heated storage. Next year we are going to drain the carbs! I'm not to clever but I am trainable!

Hi
    A better solution is to add gas stabalizer in the fall or anytime before storage. An empty carb can still grow fuzz it is said. I use stabalizer in all my seasonal stuff and in the spring, I just push the button and it starts just like that.

Don

Comment

I make sure to keep a full tank (100% full) and use the stabilaizer whenever I'm gonna have the same gas in the tank for a few months. That gives the dilution and makes sure there isn't any condensation to worry about in the tank.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I drain the carbs and spray WD40 in the tank. No problems. I'm too cheap to buy stabilizer and waste a full tank of gas.

Comment

Cleaned the carbs, new plugs, still not right. Finally drained the gas and put in fresh fuel and it runs fine. What garbage fuel. For the price we are paying that stuff ought to last a lifetime in a can!

Comment

Working...
          X