Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I need gaskets for 82 gs550mz (katana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I need gaskets for 82 gs550mz (katana)

Any ideas where to find inexpensive engine gaskets for this motor? It seems that the 82 model year is a tough one to find things for. The local suzuki dealer wants $105 just for a head gasket! I need a complete top end kit, but only spent $500 on the whole bike.

I hope Lynn's like helps you find gaskets.

Now, we would love some pictures of your MZ!!!!

If you can

Comment

psst...... the 550 mz has the same motor/frame as the 1980-82 550 bike (all models). the only thing diffrent between a 550mz and any post 80's 550 (any model) is just cosmetic and some suspenstion diffrences.

i have a service manuel that i poured through checking varius engine specs from cam profile to cam degree to piston size to alternator output. and they are all exactly the same. i ended up buying a 550mz jet kit for my 81, 550 t and it work just fine since both bikes have the same carb settings.

what i am telling you is if you can find a cheap gasket set for a 80's+ 550 on ebay then that will work fine for you bike. like said above use that link to find exact parts for your bike if you feel more comfortable and check other models parts numbers and see if they are the same.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

550 Katana gaskets

Thanks for the responses. I checked the link fron lynn to partsnmore.com, the parts are out of stock for my bike, but they will let me know when they have them. Ryan's suggested using any early 80's 550 gasket set. And that may be the way I end up going. I've got this thing all tore apart and am getting anxious to make it run again. I've got some pictures, but can't seem to figure out how to post them here. little help? They are on my computer's hard drive.

Comment

Pictures have to be hosted on the internet before they can be posted to the forum

Comment

Working...
          X