HELP ME !!! Electrical troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ME !!! Electrical troubles

Hello once again. Many people are being very helpful with information about working on my newly aquired 1983 GS550L. Presently I am having an electrical problem. I could not get any of the plugs to fire so I started checking the wiring from the coils and ran into a snag. There is a 6 slot connector and a 4 slot connector both towards the rear by the battery that are not plugged into anything and I can not seem to find out where they go. The wires to the six plug connector are the same colors as the coil wires if that is any help. Thank you all for helping so far and any help you can give me on this problem will be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

have a look at this.

wires same colors as coils? sounds like the ignitor might be missing, not good.

Comment

Start looking on ebay for an ignitor. Post here in Wanted Parts for one, other years may fit.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

MFGS - have you checked the signal generator and the wires from it ?
        If you have an aftermarket unit (Dyna, Newtronics etc), the wires will bypass the stock ignitor. If this is the case with your bike, there is no need for an ignitor unit at all and the previous owner will probably have removed it.

Comment

Working...
        X