Instrument check panel lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument check panel lights

Just got the bike back this week after some major engine work. The mechanic who did the work told me that my rear turn signals and brake light were wired mickey mouse style. So he fixed 'em. Only it didn't last for long! I spent the whole friggin day working on it and finallly had to rewire the whole deal. I ran new wires and now the lights on my check panel are lit (makes sense). Does any one know how I can put that light back on the circut again? I was in the instrument panel today as well putting in new lights and looked at the check panel area. It looks really complex, any ideas as to how I can wire the tail light back in? Also, I have on of those cheaper batteries that does not have a contact for the check panel. Is there any way to get that light to go out (without buying a new battery)? Thanks.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Put a burnt out bulb in the socket or just take the bulb out. Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Yeah, that's good for the battery indicator, but I was hoping to make the tail light indicator functional. Any ideas? Also, how do I get in there? I took the back cover and the headlight assembaly off, but I couldn't see how to get inthrough the front. Maybe I didn't try too hard, but can anyone tell me what it takes to get in to the check panel? The back of it is all circut board.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

There is a yellow wire with a green stripe down it that supplies power to the rear brake light and various other loads...if this wire is open (broke) anyplace the instrument panel lights will stay on. It will often do weird stuff with your kickstand warning light and neutral light also. I have a scanned wiring diagram for your bike that I will send to you on Monday morning when I get to work if you will send me your e-mail address.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X