Two Broken Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Broken Teeth

So I put my new rear sprocket on the 1100 today. You think the old one was a little worn? Two broken teeth.

Michael

Hope you replaced the front sprocket & chain too!

Comment

man! you got your moneys worth out of that sprocket, it is beyond toast!!!

ditto what Lynn said!
      you did replace the front sprocket and chain didn't you?

Comment

Did you change the gearing ?? My book lists a 15/42 sprocket combo
        not a 45

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          Did you change the gearing ?? My book lists a 15/42 sprocket combo
          not a 45
          I'm doing the 530 conversion, so I got a 45T and a 16T in 530. I guess the 42/15 set is tougher to find and it gets the same job done. And yes, I got a new 530 o-ring 9100 tensile chain.

New tires too.

Michael

Comment

One tooth in front is - to three in the rear 8)

Comment

Last year when we went riding I thought that thing looked bad "but man"

Did you get the baffle in your pipe lashed down also?

Your just going to have a new bike arn'tcha.

And Michael, It's getting to be the time to start thinking about

GSNW 2005. How's work going for ya? you gonna have time?

Rico

Comment

Holy sheet.
                How the hell did you keep your chain on.
                Boy, I have seen and had some worn out spockets but NOT that far gone 8O 8O 8O 8O
                Good thing you changed it when you did. 8O
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I've never seen a sprocket on a bike in that bad a condition. Jeez! Scary.

Earl
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                    One tooth in front is - to three in the rear 8)
                    If you've got teeth in the rear, I don't want to know about it. 8O 8O

Michael

Comment

I kept up the chain tension and I ran the chain according to what it said in the manual, where the mark on the drive chain adjuster passes the mark on the guage. It's my first time going through a drive system replacement, so I'm just going by what the book says. But I figured it must be time to do some maintenance when it would catch and jerk as I rolled the bike backwards.

I hope the carbs aren't too carped up from failing to store it properly. I may have to go through the carb clean series, but that's OK. Probably needed it anyway.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rico
                        Last year when we went riding I thought that thing looked bad "but man"

Did you get the baffle in your pipe lashed down also?

Your just going to have a new bike arn'tcha.

And Michael, It's getting to be the time to start thinking about

GSNW 2005. How's work going for ya? you gonna have time?

Rico
                        No, I'm gonna let the tailpipe be. I don't have anything near the time and money it would take to get the bike into ideal shape, so I'm going to mind the practical and functional parts, and take it easy on the aesthetics. I actually did have the baffle bolted in last year, but the dang thing always manages to rattle loose. I just quit messing with it. When it gets rusted out I'll start to think about replacing it.

GSNW 2005

Yessir, I think it's a-comin! I think we should shoot for about five weekends this season, spread from April or May to October.

I'm gonna go start a thread right now. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...c.php?p=316042

Comment

Working...
                        X