petcock vacum line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petcock vacum line

:x does any one knowany thing about the petcock that comes with the bike?can i plug the vacum line and not worry about the gas comming out
    the bike was running with out the gas tank on,with me feeding it threw the fuel line not the vacum line but now that i have rebuilt the petcock it won't start at all.sude i plug the vacum line and try it that away? i don't know what else to do....

if you guys have any idea's let me know..

thanks craig

Sounds like an error in the rebuild process. Could be a fault part or could be an error in assembly. Take it off the bike and re-check everything.

Yes, you can run the bike without the vacuum line, if you turn the petcock to PRIme and block the vacuum tube, both from the carbs and to the tank.

This will work, but it is not a good idea for regular use as the gas flow is then controlled only by the carb floats. When your bike is on the side stand the carb floats won't work as well as when on the level, so you have a very good chance of getting gas flow into the engine and into the sump.

You would be better off with an ON-OFF petcock, and shutting it off every time you shut down the engine.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

petcock line

i have clear fuel lines on my bike and every time i push the start button the fuel is going threw the line like it is supposed to do. i have tryed prime and reserve but still nothing.but it did back fire 2 times but that's all.

craig

Comment

unhook the fuel line turn it to prime Fuel shoud flow. turn to on/run No fuel should flow suck on vacuum line from petcock fuel should flow
        If anything different happens you will have to disassemble it again and check your work

Comment

hook the vacum line up to the vacum tube on the front of no2 carb and you should be golden if the petcock rebuild is good.

good luck

be careful about sucking on the vacum port, if the petcock diaphram is no good, your gonna suck gas in your mouth.. just an friendly FYI.

Comment

Working...
          X