Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parts matching, what size carbs are on my GS650G??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts matching, what size carbs are on my GS650G??

Hi all,
    I found and read the carb cleanup guides after all, but I don't think I can now bring myself to disassemble and not ride for as long as it will take me to clean these. If I found a nice cheap set on ebay, what would I be looking for?? 34mm? 38? I think I have CV, right?

I at least know they are mikuni?!!

thanks all!

I think you would be looking for 32mm maybe even 30mm
    GS850 uses 32mm GS1000 uses 34mm & so on. Take your originals off & measure them. You can clean them up in a weekend

Comment

a whole weekend not riding!!! 8O

so would I measure the slides? air intakes? manifold side? duh...!

Comment

They're CV's and you'd be looking for 32mm ones.

"All GS650 models are equipped with 4 BS32SS Mikuni carburetors." says the Clymer book. It doesn't say the jet sizes though but for what it's worth, my 650 Katana had 110 mains.

If you can find a cheap set, go for it but bear in mind they may be in condition unknown and you may have to spend time and money cleaning up those too. Cleaning or restoring your own carbs (that you know work) is an easier option and you should easily do it in a day. Take your time and do one carb at a time. The bit I hate most is getting them off and back on the bike!

Comment

that was why I wanted a second set, so I can either clean them up, or use them short term while I clean mine. maybe even both? 12$ for o-rings is pretty worth it to resell I bet!

thanks, I guess I could've used the clymers when I got home, but that's why we're here, ain't it!?

Comment

Working...
          X