Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a Cleaner that is safe to use on plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a Cleaner that is safe to use on plastic?

I need to clean some of the electrical connections on my bike and need a cleaner that is safe on plastic and good at cleaning electrical connections. I went to AutoZone today, and as usual, the people there were about as helpful as a pile of dog crap. What is the brand of a good cleaner that is safe on plastic and will clean the electrical connections?

Most of the electrical connections on your bike will need to be cleaned by hand, it's the only way to get them really clean.

If your talking about closed switches, etc. (like pots on a guitar) you can use any good spray electrical contact cleaner - I buy mine at Home Depot - most good hardware stores will know what your asking for ... 8)

Comment

Yeah, aerosol contact cleaner, also available at Radio Shack, and the wife's toothbrush

Comment

The Honda spray cleaner is really good on plastic.
        I've never used it on electrical, so can't and won't say to use it there.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

cheap cleaner

Hey guys use WD40 it is inexpensive and it will wisk away any water moisture and it cleans away dirt and grime nicely!
          It workd for me !
          Good Luck ! Archie

Comment

Working...
          X