Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know any good gs chopper links or tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know any good gs chopper links or tips?

Looking to chop an 82 gs650L I have. Not sure on a starting date but would like to go ahead and get some info and some ideas. If anyone has any experience with this bike or has come across some good links I would greatly appreciate any advice! THANKS!

Hello,
    I chopped a GS425L
    here are the pictures:
    Get the premium .com domain you deserve. Seamless and professional transactions. Payment plans available.

Does that count.

My advice is if you are going to make a Chopper out of a GS650, make friends with a machinist quick. There are a lot of companies that make chopper frames for cd750 honda's. But I do not know any that makes them for a GS.

Get a rolling chassis from Arlen Ness, Install the GS650 Engine with a Jackshaft to clear the huge tire. Also put a few of those Big Mufflers all the kids put on thier import cars. You Will turn heads when you pull into bike night.

Comment

TO CHOP
      Is a very brod term. What is it your looking to do?
      What kind of skills do you have? What about tools/shop?

I've yet to chop a GS but I'm sure the day is coming (I do love to chop)
      all I need is a doner bike to sit around long enough and I start to rippin'.

Are ya looking to make a bobber? Stretch It? lower it? Rake it? ad a hard tail? There is SO much you can do.

Think about it and get back, I can help some.

I just got done with a stretched and raked hardtail. It was a Triumph but I repowered with a yama xs650.

Rico

Comment

Chop city

I build custom choppers of all kinds. My current chop happened to be a 1983 GS1100ES

I know, I know, don't everyone at once write and tell me it was sacrilage to chop a classic.....

If you would like to view a picture of this, email me at marcus.lavake@gmail.com, and I'll send you a picture.

It probably is the most radical chop you've ever seen, rigid rear, 3" off the ground, jockey shift on the right hand side, forward pegs, vance and hines drag exhaust, raked fork, custom rear fender and seat....anyway...

I could do it to anything or give tips if you thought you'd try it yourself...but unless you have use of, or know someone with a tig welder, I'd think twice about the frame mods that I did.
        Marcus.

Comment

Frames

Motorcycle frames custom made for Honda,Harley Davidson,Yamaha,Suzuki,Kawasaki,Triumph by Cycle One Ltd.,motorcycle gallery,motorcycle links,

INFO

Forums for advice

None of these are gs specific. Honda chopper is about the only one I know of that is model specific. But there are many people who have chopped a suzuki. Cycleone probably has 750 frames in stock. I have a bunch of pics of chops if you want me to send you some let me know. And if you run into a GS chopper site let me know. Not sure but unless you have a bunch of money you'll probably have to take out loan for an Arlen Ness roller.

Comment

I JUST CHOPED MY FREE GS400...A POT HEAD COULDNT PAY ME SO HE SIGNRD IT OVER TO ME...I HARDTAILED IT ...6IN STREACH...ITS 4 INCHES OFF THE GROUND...JOCKY SHIFT WITH REVERSED CLUTCH...ITS ON THE THROTTLE SIDE...SPRINGER SEAT...BABY APES...CHOPPER WIRED...MADE MY OWN EXAUST....SATIN BLACK...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
              I JUST CHOPED MY FREE GS400...A POT HEAD COULDNT PAY ME SO HE SIGNRD IT OVER TO ME...I HARDTAILED IT ...6IN STREACH...ITS 4 INCHES OFF THE GROUND...JOCKY SHIFT WITH REVERSED CLUTCH...ITS ON THE THROTTLE SIDE...SPRINGER SEAT...BABY APES...CHOPPER WIRED...MADE MY OWN EXAUST....SATIN BLACK...
              How about some pics?

Comment

Originally posted by dignin View Post
                How about some pics?
                Sorry, just realized it was an anonymous poster.

Comment

Horton dosen't chop anymore. Spending his time with Street Rods.
                  Mpape just did a GS450 thats turning out sweet. He has some pics here, more on The Chopper Underground.
                  Mine is an '80 GS1000 that I may get around to finishing.
                  Contact mpape if you need a frame done. The guy he used (Dirtnap) is real good. There are 4 or 5 other guys on The Chopper Underground who can build you a frame if you aren't skilled enough to do it your self.
                  Here's mine, still waiting on the engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X