Revs Up when Starts Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs Up when Starts Running

As soon as I start running, or even when I roll on the throtle with the byke standing, the revs go up to 2500 to 3000. I adjust the idle screw to 1200-1500 revs and as soon as I roll on again the revs go up. This can go on and on : idle screw back- roll on-revs up and back to the idle screw.
    The throtle cable and choke cable appear to be in good shape and not stuck.
    Any Ideas? Thanks for any help.

John I am trying to understand your post.

I had a problem where I would take the bike off the sidestand, and the Revs would jump up to about 2500.

My problem wasn't the condition of the Cables, but the ROUTING of them.

Watch your Throttle cable(s) as you move you handlebars from full left LOCK to full right LOCK, and see if the cables ever get tight.
    If they do get tight I would reroute it (them).

Good Luck,
    Ron

Comment

I had the same problem with my GS1100L. I would take it around the block and when I pulled the clutch lever in to take that first corner the revs would go up. I played with the idle adjustment but that was not it. I removed, cleaned (spray choke cleaner) and synched the carbs as best I could a couple of times and still had trouble. I finally threw in the towel and took it to a reputable shop. They "professionally" cleaned, synched and adjusted the carbs and it runs like a top. Cost - $280. I don't know what I was missing but I needed the bike for a 3500 mile trip and was glad I took it in.

Comment

Also concider an airboot leak, lean mixture conditions create irratic idling, and high idle and if you havn't messed with anything latly(mods). Possiblly an airleak somewhere...-darren

Comment

Working...
        X