Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery warning light

Just found this old post about the idiot lights:

All I want to do is get rid of the battery warning light. These instructions seem to be far more involved than what I would like to just get rid of that. I don't use the million dollar Yusa battery with the pickup for the battery warning light, just a regular battery. In the past I simply opened up the gauge cluster and crushed the bulb with a pair of needle nose pliers, but I'd rather not do this with my current ride. Isn't there an easy way to make this light stay off? Is there a wire I can jumper or something? I found a loose wire near the battery (green) with a bullet connector on it, I am guessing it was for the battery warning light connection.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Hi

Not absolute sure ...

But. on the old Kawasaki I had,the sense wire for the battery should have more than 6 volt to it ,to shut off warning lamp..
    So, I think you can put the wire to 12 volt to shut the lamp off.

Comment

I just pulled the bulb. Simple and now I have a spare bulb.

Hap

Comment

You can open the console and pull the bulb. I opened mine up to put a 140 speedo in. I closed it up and went for a test ride and realized I forgot to pull that damn bulb out. I got to put that on my to do list.
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
        X