Vulgar carb contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulgar carb contest!

Yes, GS fans, the competition you've been waiting for -- the 2005 Vulgar Carb Contest. Open to anyone, big prizes! Get out your macro lenses and --

Just a minute --

Oh. Sorry. Contest is over; I win.

( -- "... bike had a few flat spots...")

(Pretty big files. I'll tone them down when I have time).

You might be able to get away with just dipping those. : DAMN your carbs look nasty! but hey thats just my opinion. haha

Comment

If you can find a carb shop that has a ultrasonic carb cleaner you could have them cleaned almost like new

Comment

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Comment

I didn't know there were Mikunis on the Andrea Doria

Comment

I didn't know there were Mikunis on the Andrea Doria

I think those need more than o-rings, Robert! Maybe an exorcisim will help!
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

If I were you, I would order some hydrochloric acid.

might not be much left, but it would be sparkling!!

Comment

So what I dont understand is how you, of all people, let your carbs get in that condition. Surely, performance and gas milage was some indication the carbs needed servicing.?

Earl :-) :-) :-)
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Eeek. 8O

I haven't seen a mess like that since my bro-in-law gave me that riding mower that had been "sitting for awhile"... :roll:

Comment

Are you sure there are no barnicles in there somewhere. 8O 8O 8O

I picked up a set of carbs out of a salvage shop that were seized and didn't look half that bad.

Comment

I think that would classify as an archeological find.

by the way Robert -- got the o'rings and did my carbs this week with the help of the great carb series on this site. They look freshly minted. I hope they work as good as they look 8)

It would be great if we had the stator series like that - with pictures.

I never would have attempted the carb cleanout without the help on this site. Thanks to you all!=D>

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                        So what I dont understand is how you, of all people, let your carbs get in that condition. Surely, performance and gas milage was some indication the carbs needed servicing.?
                        Well, there wasn't any performance or gas mileage to speak of, so it wasn't much of an indicator. :twisted:

Comment

Wow, you have some nice paperweights there

Comment

bet the tank is a mess too.
                            gotta take care of it too or you are wasting time.
                            i was given a ct70 honda that the fuel had turned to black chewing gum.
                            they said it had a full tank when it was parked 20 years ago after a close call scared them.
                            took a bit of work to clean everything out.
                            i just picked up a free gs1100 shafty free.
                            i will post the carb pic too.
                            it was declared dead 15 years ago for no charging and had a silly repair bill on it.fingers crossed but ohmeter tests on the stater ok.

Comment

why did you poop in your gas tank? thats what i would stick with especailly from a guy that deals in carb parts....

ryan
                              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                              82 Kat 1000 Project
                              05 CRF450x
                              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                              X