Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would '99 katana carbs fit for an '81 GS650G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would '99 katana carbs fit for an '81 GS650G?

I saw a good deal on ebay if they would actually fit my bike, here

I'll ask him to measure for me, but I thought you guys might be quicker and actually more accurate!

one question, how do I measure 32mm? is it the outer diameter of the engine side? inner?

thanks all!

I have a set of those on my bench right now. When I get home I will see if they will fit in the 700 since the carbs are out of it too.

Those carbs are not constructed as well as the ones on our GS's IMHO. The pilot screw is on the bottom, which makes a bear to adjust them when they are on the bike.

Comment

cool, thanks a ton. I am thinking of using them just long enough to clean my gs carbs, so not too much worry. I just want to be able to ride throughout!!

Comment

I fit the carbs onto the GS 700 and they fit real well. The only problem is the back of the carbs are slightly oval and won't fit the air box boots. If you want to run Pods, it shouldn't be a problem.

The carbs that I have are from a 88-97 Katana 600 and the ones on the e-Bay auction look to be 98 and up. The 88-97 had two fuel lines, where the newer ones only have one. I do believe the back flange is shaped more like the GS. I would still have the person who has tha auction measure the diameter of the rear flange.

Comment

Working...
        X