Couple of Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Questions

First do brake calipers off a 82 750 fit my 79 750 and will I have any better braking performance?

Second, My oil drain plug hole is stripped, whats the best way to fix this and can i drop my drain pan without taking out the engine?

Thanks guys

Don't know about the calipers, but as far as the oil plug goes, take the pan off and heli-coil the drain hole. This is coming from someone who rode probably 12k miles on a rubber stopper in there. Finally got it heli-coiled, now I don't have to worry about it. Yes, you can pull the oil pan with the engine in place.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

thats what i kinda thought thanks

Comment

You can also use an oversized selftapping plug Motormite # 65217 Use caution -- turn it back & forth cutting the threads slowly. Put 1-2 qts of the old drained oil thru to flush the pan.

Comment

Thanks guys what about the brakes

Comment

hahahah

hahahahahahahahaah Rubber plug! you just made my day!
            79 and 82 should be the same, checkout www.bikebandit.com and check both bikes and see if the part numbers are the same, Im guessing but they should be the same, let us all know.

Comment

If you want to buy yourself some time you can use an expanding rubber plug that is specially made for situations like yours. Pretty much any autosupply house should carry them.

Comment

Working...
              X