Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires?

What are the best tires for wet weather on the 1100's?

I like my Dunlops Elites for all around wear and traction (even black ice 8O ).

Comment

soft tires are better in wet weather as a rule--I always look for something that is b rated for mileage in adition to proper size-i purchased a battlax because i thought it was B rated but it turned out that it has some sort of dual compound and is only softer on the outer edge--I also wanted a totally b rated tire for better traction at any time. Im not sure what my next tires will be--I have always prefered pirellis for the traction thing and dont know what they are peddling these days.

Comment

Can't comment on the black ice, but on wet roads the Metzeler 33/55 combination works very well and seems to stick well on dry.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

You dont know how happy I am to hear you say that Ron. Thats exactly what I just bought for the 750 and rainy season Florida. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by argonsagas
          Can't comment on the black ice, but on wet roads the Metzeler 33/55 combination works very well and seems to stick well on dry.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

tires

I had a set of Bridgestone Spitfires installed on my 1980 GS1100E last autumn and rode in rain for two months. They worked well both in the rain and on dry roads.

I wised up and also got Hein Gerrick Boost jacket and pants and SIDI Voyager boots. The Hein Gerrick gear is totally water-proof with removable soft armour. The boots are great. Waterproof and comfortable. No reservations recommending any of the above.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X