Very Strange ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Strange ?????

As soon as I get one problem with my gs1000 sorted another pops up .
    Now the brake light is on all the time ive put a new switch on the front cos it was worn out and ive taken the rear brake switch off and cleaned it and it seems fine to me but the brake light still stays on all the time.
    Anyone got an idea where to look ?
    The battery is not good due to lack of use but im getting a new one tommorow would that be any thing to do with the problem ?
    Trev

first isolate the problem, try unplugging each brake light switch one by one, until the brake light turns off, if it's the front, you'll have to loosen the two screws on the switch and shift the plastic cover around until the light activates with a little pressure on the lever.

Comment

Re: Very Strange ?????

Eithe one, or both of your brake light switches are out of adjustment. Disconnect the front brake light switch (connectors are usually in the headlight bucket) If the brakelight then goes off, it is the front switch that is out of adjustment. If it does not, then it is the rear. If you then get the rear adjusted correctly and the brake light comes back on whenn you reconnect the front, then the front was/is also incorrectly adjusted.
      The connectors for the rear brakelight can be at either the rear brakelight switch/pigtail or at the tail cone behind the tailight.

Earl

Originally posted by Britbiker
      As soon as I get one problem with my gs1000 sorted another pops up .
      Now the brake light is on all the time ive put a new switch on the front cos it was worn out and ive taken the rear brake switch off and cleaned it and it seems fine to me but the brake light still stays on all the time.
      Anyone got an idea where to look ?
      The battery is not good due to lack of use but im getting a new one tommorow would that be any thing to do with the problem ?
      Trev
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

SORTED many thanks for the help both the brake light now work as they should.
        Trev

Comment

Working...
        X