Clutch Piano Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Piano Wire

While assembling my new clutch hub I busted the replacement piano wire. I broke the free end of the hook off of one end so I bent that end over. Do you guys think this will hold up? I've got the old piano wire but it does't look too good. I'm not really interested in waiting 4 days to get another wire either. It seems to me that the piano wire is held in my the cone washer behind the drive plate.

Thanks, Steve

Its depends on whats " PEACE of mind "worth to you ?? 8)

Comment

I would wait the extra days and replace it.....

Comment

Just an opinion
        The 2 ends sticking up at either end of the wire do not hold the inner sttel plate in place. They are there just to make it easy for you to remove the wire.
        If you still have one to help you rermove the wire at a later date, i believe that assembling it now wont change how well it holds the inner steel in place.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up putting it back together and riding 100 km today. Everything seems to be okay and the clutch sounds great at idle (it actually doesn't make a sound for once!).

I also got the first offer of the year to buy my bike and I know there will be more. I should have gotten a shaft, too many people want these chains. :roll: My new plate is on order, "NTFRSL". :twisted:

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X