Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plugs

Hi all,

just about to replace my plugs, and am wondering what "hotter ' or "colder" plugs will do.

I was planning on buying some platinums (got iridium now, but too much $$, and dont think theres much difference).

Is it just changed by the gap? what would be the idea "temp" for the plugs ? I usually just set them at what is called for in my manual.

poot

Re: spark plugs

Originally posted by Poot
    Hi all,

Is it just changed by the gap? what would be the idea "temp" for the plugs ? I usually just set them at what is called for in my manual.

poot
    no it's changed by the length of the ceramic tip and electrode protruding into the cylinder .... I would suggest the OEM type plug and heatrange

Comment

Dave has it.
      What is the reason that makes you want to change heat range???

Comment

no, i was just wondering. im sticking with stock. thers a sale on plat' ngk plugs this week , so thats what its gonna be!

Comment

Originally posted by Poot
          no, i was just wondering. im sticking with stock. thers a sale on plat' ngk plugs this week , so thats what its gonna be!
          Where...Cambodian Tire? I need some too...... why change the iridiums? I thought they were supposed to last like 100, 000 km?

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

really? well, they still seemed pretty good after the 18000 km, but halfway through winter , i kept trying to start my bike up (unsuccessfully due to a dull battery, and fouled them up.

not too sure now what to do?

Comment

Working...
            X