what's this fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's this fitting?

I took out my airbox for the first time yesterday and noticed a male-end coming out of the (?) metal box below the airbox that looks like some small rubber hose is supposed to be plugged over it. Which hose is it supposed to be? Is my assumption even correct?

It is probably a drain that is supposed to have a little check valve on the bottom of it. Check the microfiche on www.bikebandit.com to see what you are missing.

Steve

Comment

sho can't find the bloody thing...

Comment

Re: what's this fitting?

Out of the bottom or bottom rear of the airbox, it would just be a drain. The hose or tube for it usually is routed alongside the battery overflow tube to under the bike.

Earl

Originally posted by j2x
        I took out my airbox for the first time yesterday and noticed a male-end coming out of the (?) metal box below the airbox that looks like some small rubber hose is supposed to be plugged over it. Which hose is it supposed to be? Is my assumption even correct?
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

just slap on a rubber hose thats long enough to get below the bike, so if any over-flow doesnt drip on your bike, but on the ground. not that it should be dripping that much, but when it rains, or, etc.

Comment

What sort of bike might we be discussing here?

That might help. A lot.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Oh, damn, thought I included that, of course. It's an '81 GS850-G.

Comment

Working...
              X