Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs

I know it's a right of passage to start at least one of these threads, so here goes.
    I have an 83 GS1100E. Equiped with a 4 into 1 with an R1 carbon fiber can, and K&N pods. I installed a Dynojet kit, stage 3 into the carbs using the #138 main jets and the needle stop at 3 from the top. I set the mixture screws at 2 1/2 out as recomended. It's hard starting now and seems to be starving for fuel. My question is, how many turns out has anyone with a similar setup ended up at? I know I have to back them out further, just looking for a better referance point. Also, I didn't install the Dyno pilot air jets.

Thanks,
    Chris
    8)

Just to get a clear picture of the starting point I'd check to see if she'll start when cold without the choke. Without the dyna air jet mine would but then again it would also start with the choke. Are you sure that the carbs are otherwise in good condition? have they been sitting over the winter with gas in them?

Comment

Carbs were clean, plus I did a once over as I took them apart and put back together. I'm gonna try and richin it up a bit, see what happens.

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

I have a similar set-up on the Kat (BB) Yosh 4 into 1, K&N pods. I have my pilot screws from 4-4.5 turns out. I read somewhere that if you go more than 2 turns out, you need bigger pilot jets. I don't have any problem at all getting the bike started, I do have to choke it when it's below 60 degrees out.

Comment

Bryan,

4&1/2 was the magic number. What a difference with the Dynojet kit installed. It's scarry. WooHoo! Thanks for the input guys.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X