can't find one pilot jet when rebuilding. Is there a diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't find one pilot jet when rebuilding. Is there a diagram

I am rebuilding a 80 GS850GL. I have started with one carb and I am driving myself bonkers trying to find the last pilot jet. I have one left and don't know where it goes.
    I have replace 3 jets in the bowl. One pilot jet inside housing, and one air jet. i still have one pilot jet left. Could someone lead me to a photo that really shows where this goes. The parts diagram for the carb is confusing.

Also the jet that goes inside the edge of the port that a boot goes on looks to have been stripped. I have never opened up the carb in my ownership before now. It looks like someone tried to get it out and did not succeed before boogering up the top slot to get it out. Now how do I get it out?

Thanks for any help.

Use the carb clean up forum info

as far as the stripped jets You may have to drill them
    USE A LEFT HANDED DRILL BIT

Comment

That jet under the 'boot' IS the pilot jet. You might be safer to leave it alone: blow it through with compressed air and live with it. If you're not sure where the leftover jet goes, take off one of the other float bowls to see what's what. Be careful not to mix parts from different carbs. Good luck.

Comment

I just finished puttin my 80' 850's carbs back together.

the brass pilot jet (about 2-3cmlong, and 2mmwide, with 2or3 holes along the smoothe shaft) goes in the small tube , directly beside the main jet.

usually, there is also supposed to be a rubber plug on top of it.

like this:

is this what your talking about?

Comment

needle jet

I found that one and I have the plug. I was sent the link for the carg instruction which I greatly appreciate. I found the missing area that I did not know about but I do not have a jet that looks like that in my kit. did yours off your 1980 needle jet look like this one.? well i could not figure how to add the photo, but its from the carb clean-up forum. did your needle jet look like that. I have not removed mine. I did not know it was under the main jet. but I do not have one that looks like that in my kit.

Comment

Oh....I think your talking about the one , thats under the hinge the float assembly.

you can just see the tip of it with it all assembled (with the float bowl off of course). Yeah, it looks like that,. good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X