Carb pistons stuck... ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb pistons stuck... ideas?

Got carb #1 cleaned up pretty good today with the Berryman's dip. Only problem is that the piston (I think Suzuki calls these the "throttle valve") is STUCK. I tapped it pretty well with a screwdriver, it sat in the carb dip for most of the day, and no go. There's tons of varnish in all the carbs and I'm sure that's what is making it stick. All of the carbs are stuck like that. I put it back in the dip but I don't know how much good that will do. Any suggestions? I have also tried to pry it upwards with a small screwdriver but not knowing how strong the metal is, I don't want to score or break something.

I'v had good luck with PB Blaster to unstick slides. Set the carbs so that it will soak down into the slide

Comment

Thanks Lynn!

Dammit, this clean one carb a day thing is gonna kill me!

Comment

I think you're talking about the slide? Suzuki might call it a throttle valve but they shouldn't, because Mikuni calls it a slide. Anyway, the Carb Cleanup Guide from GSR (see front page) has a good tip on this. Spray carb cleaner and wooden lever to pry do the trick, apparently.

Comment

A can of PB Blaster, time, and a lot of prying got the job done. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X